Monday, December 3, 2007

Looking Ahead

Now that indoor cycling (7am on Saturday mornings....ouch!) and weight training (M/W 6am) have begun, it's time to start preparations and planning for the coming year. That means actually dragging my sorry ass out of bed to get to said early morning workouts--I did miss weight training this morning, but only because the hubby is away on business and it's up to me to get the kids to school on time, clothed, fed, and lunch boxed. I'm putting off the Mon/Weds Masters swims at the Y until January, since school is in serious crunch mode right now. For running, we have the fun TriGirl sponsored Christmas light tour on tap, but then nothing organized outside of training until the Frostbite 15k some time in mid January. (Last year I ended up sleeping in through that one too...can you spot a trend?) So far I've registered for or am planning to do the following races:


  • Frostbite 15k

  • Monument Ave 10k (I hope this is the year I break 50mins--2:30 faster than last year)

  • Smith Mountain Lake Sprint (I had such a good time last year, I'll squeeze training for it into the thesis madness)

  • Columbia (I may not be able to do this one since it is scheduled for the day after both my and my son's commencements--knock on wood that we both graduate)

  • Timberman 70.3 in August (with 13 other TGs in beautiful New Hampshire)

  • Ironman Florida in November

Somewhere in there will be the Maymont 1/2 marathon and possibly the olympic distance Patriot race in Williamsburg in September. At first glance it doesn't look like much, and there is a loooong break between the May races and Timberman (Greece, here I come!), but I'm sure there will be more races thrown into the mix as they open up for registration and I won't be lazing around. I've added another list to the blog, listing my workouts, which is an idea taken from several other Iron(wo)men TG's in an effort to keep me honest and compel me to attend more of those early morning sessions.

1 comment:

TriGirl 40 said...

You've got an inspiring race calendar set! And a vacation planned that makes me envious...