Sunday, August 10, 2008

Taper? We don't need no stinkin' taper!

Saturday dawned quite nice--in the mid 60s, and not humid at all! I was a little late meeting up with Lynn and Fave for their last brick of the season. On tap for them, a 1 hr bike and 6 mile run. On tap for me, a 2 hour bike and short transition run. I rode my first 18 miles with them, then caught up briefly with Susie Q, and then did one last 6 mile loop. It seemed those 35 miles went quickly--but it could have been the fact that I just put my Zipps on my bike in preparation for Timberman. I got home in time to help Joe and the kids spread mulch. Not just a pick-up truck full, but a whole DUMP truck full of mulch sitting in our driveway. Joey was in 7th heaven--at least when it was first delivered. After about the 200th wheelbarrow load, however, his enthusiasm for mulch was gone--and so is mine. I was the 'barrow filler. That's hard work, so I needed a 2 hr nap in the afternoon. This morning oh how stiff my back was!

Since Shawn, Sharon and I did our long ride last weekend, this weekend was a scheduled long run. Luckily Sunday was just as pleasant as Saturday. We met up at Shawn's house at 7:30 and headed out for our first loop. Shawn chose our route this morning and gave us the option of one long 14 mile loop or two shorter loops--an 8 and 6 miler. We chose the two loops which allowed for a water/potty stop back at the house. The 8 mile loop was quite enjoyable--running through Ginter Park and oogling the beautiful houses--with the exception of the crazy lady in the BMW convertible that yelled at us to "get out of the road," when we were running single file and there was NO other traffic. Dumb ass. The second loop was painful and seemed much longer than the first. I did get to run through Bryan Park, a first in my 13 years here in Richmond and spend some fun time bonding with my fellow IMFL peeps. On my return home I sat in an ice bath, then again took another 2 hour nap. Yum.

7 comments:

rr said...

Timberman already?

Drivers can be so odd, can't they? Glad you had a great run - hope you're not still up to your neck in the mulch.

TriGirl 40 said...

You are looking so strong out there! Congrats on some great, tough workouts!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

I cannot stand those morons who tell you to get out of the road. She was just jealous that you were having so much fun.

Kate said...

Be careful out there KO, have a great time at Timberman.

Anonymous said...

2 hour nap?! I am without words!

Mel said...

GO KATE GO......will be thinking of you tomorrow:)

Mel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.